Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery is a sub-speciality of ophthalmic surgery, which deals with problems of the accessory organs of the eye: eyelids and the periorbital region, tear drainage ducts and the orbit.
Because of the intimate relationship of these structures with the eye itself, this surgery is performed by ophthalmologists who have passed specific training and posess knowledge and skills in both ocular and plastic surgery, and have the resources to monitor the condition of the eye before, during and after surgery.
In the period 2007-2013.
He trained in the field of ocular plastic and reconstructive surgery at various
- 2002. University Hospital Erasmus and the Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands: European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) grant.
- 2004. University Hospital Dupuytren, Limoges, France: International Council of Ophthalmology and International Federation of Ophthalmological Societies (ICO/IFOS) international fellowship.
- 2007. University Hospital in Vienna –
AlgemeinesKrankenhaus, Vienna, Austria: American-Austrian Foundation (AAF) international internship.
- 2007. Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK: ORBIS UK international fellowship.
- 2011. Private Hospital – Villa Tiberia, Rome, Italy.
Dr Zikic is a member of the following ophthalmology societies:
- Serbian Society of Ophthalmology (
- European Society of Ocular Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS)