Types of operations that we perform:
- Correction of congenital and acquired malpositions of the eyelids (in children and adults): laxity, entropion, ectropion, ptosis, retraction, lagophthalmos.
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery: blepharoplasty (baggy eyelids), drooping of the eyebrows.
- Treatment of abnormal eyelashes: trichiasis and dystichiasis.
- Tumours of the eyelids and area around them: removal of tumours and reconstruction.
- Reconstructive surgery of the eyelids and area around them after injuries and previous surgeries.
SURGERY OF THE TEAR DRAINAGE PATHWAYS
- Treatment of congenital obstruction of the tear canal, including silicone stent placement.
- Surgery for acquired obstruction of the tear canal: (Dacryocystorhinostomy-DCR).
- Canalicular surgery.
- Implantation of the “Lester-Jones” glass tube.
- Trans-nasal endoscopic surgery.
SURGERY OF THE ANOPHTHALMIC ORBIT AND CONGENITAL MICROPHTHALMOS
- Enucleation and evisceration of the eye, with primary placement of an orbital implant.
- Secondary implantation of an orbital implant, in the treatment of the post-enucleation socket syndrome (PESS)
- Treatment of orbital implant complications (migration, exposition, extrusion).
- Transplantation of the dermis-fat graft.
- Conjunctival fornix reconstruction with mucous grafts.
- Total reconstruction of the anophthalmic orbit after injuries or radiation therapy.